Family-Based Immigration Services

One of the U.S. immigration law’s most important goals is to unite families.  However, not all family relationships qualify for immigration purposes. Some family visa categories allow an unlimited number of people to obtain visas each year whereas other categories limit the available visas per year, which leads to a backlog of approved petitions. Our job is to get you through this process as quickly as possible by choosing the easiest, most efficient path to permanent resident status.

Family visas are available to:

  • Parents, children, and spouses of U.S. citizens – unlimited numbers
  • Fiancés of U.S. citizens – unlimited numbers
  • Adult children (married or unmarried) of U.S. citizens – limited numbers
  • Brothers or sisters of U.S. citizens – limited numbers
  • Spouses, children, and unmarried adult children of lawful permanent residents – limited number

The terminology used in all the family-based immigration laws may be confusing and difficult to understand; however, our attorney ensures that her clients understand the process and procedures necessary to achieve the result they are looking for. U.S. citizens can petition for their parents, spouses, children of their spouses, adult children (married or unmarried), fiances, siblings, and spouses, children, and unmarried adult children of lawful permanent residents.

At HABICH LAW, PLC, the attorney will guide you through the complicated procedures of immigration without any sort of stress. Furthermore, the attorney attends all adjustment of status interviews before USCIS with our clients. At HABICH LAW, PLC, we also serve our clients with consular processing, removing the conditions of conditional residence, and fiance visas.

Conditional permanent residents receive a green card that is valid for two years. The conditional permanent resident must file a petition to remove the conditions during the ninety (90) days before the card expires. This process may become difficult to do on your own especially if you require a waiver. Allow our attorney to assist you with the process.

If the fiance of a U.S citizen wants to obtain a family-based immigration visa then our lawyers will properly guide him through the process of dealing with USCIS, the National Visa Center, and the U.S. Consulate in their home country.  Once the fiance enters the U.S., he must marry his U.S. citizen fiance, and then our attorney will assist you with the process of applying for legal permanent resident status with USCIS.

Our most basic goal is to unite families. The immigration procedure in the United States can be extremely complicated. Sometimes, your application may even be rejected. Our job is to get you through this extremely stressful procedure in an easy and efficient manner.

At HABICH LAW, PLC, we also advocate and assist victims of abuse. The Violence against Women’s Act (VAWA) allows an abused spouse or child of a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, or an abused parent of a U.S. Citizen to file a petition on their own without the abuser’s knowledge. Both women and men can file a self-petition under VAWA. Once the applicant has been placed in deferred action, he or she may receive authorization to work and access public benefits.

Our lawyer serves her clients with complete responsibility and efficacy and will work to achieve their desired goals. At HABICH LAW, PLC, we are happy to see our clients successfully united with their families in the United States!

You can experience our dedication and professionalism by calling and scheduling a consultation with us at 602-795-8383.