You may be eligible for asylum if you fear to return to your home country because of persecution based on one of the following:
- political views, or
- membership in a particular social group
- Can I still apply for asylum even if I am in the United States illegally?
- How will the asylum officer make the decision about whether to grant me asylum?
- Can I work will my asylum application is pending?
- 150 days have passed since you filed your complete asylum application, excluding any delays caused by you (such as a request to reschedule your interview)
- No decision has been made on your application
- What will be my status after I am granted Asylum?
- Can Asylum status be terminated?
- What does it mean to be referred to Immigration Court?